Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Greater than

Hey there everyone I hope you are having a great day! I know I am pretty tired from last night, I didn't get in until almost 1:30, and then being woken up by my son samuel at 3am, and 6am is always a blessing! But my wife Esther rocked it out and took both of those shifts because she is awesome. Here is the low down for tomorrow night:

1. We start at 6:30pm, you won't want to be late to tomorrow nights REFUGE we have some awesome stuff going down right at 6:30.

2. We are in our Greater than series and tomorrow night is a great talk about the story in Matthew about a guy who was super rich and wanted to serve Jesus, but he walked away when Jesus asked him to do some tough things. I can't wait, as I was prepping for this message it was really hitting me in the face about doing hard things for Christ! He must increase I must decrease.

3. We are bringing back a game tomorrow night that is pretty EPIC! The student impact team picked out the games for this week and I am not going to lie they did a fantastic Job! The games we are playing tomorrow night might make people weep because they are so stinking awesome.

4. Our small group time is a time where students can actually slow down, and spend 30 minutes in an actual discussion. We still have fun with questions like "would you rather be 7 feet tall, or 4 feet tall" or "would you rather eat taco's for a year or chicken nuggets for a year". But we also ask questions like "how can we be praying for you this week" and "What are some ways we can show Christ to others this week". I can't put enough emphasis on how great our small group leaders are and how much they push our students to be more like Christ!

With saying all those things, don't miss out on the awesomeness that is REFUGE youth ministries.

We hope to see you tomorrow night at 6:30pm.

P.A.

No comments: