Wednesday, October 22, 2008

One of the coolest books

I am reading a book right now called "Growing Souls" By Mark Yaconelli and it is changing the way I am looking at Youth Ministry. I know that we as a youth group have tons of fun, but I believe that we need to focus in on what is our identity?

Who are we in Christ?

Do we claim what God tells us is true? We are sons and daughters of the most High! We have to claim that. Everyday we are faced with stepping into our identity by choosing what is right with our marriages, relationships with the opposite sex, our relationship with God, our worship, our words, our everything!

We need to awaken our desire for God. We need to arise to challenge to claim that in every single day.

I wanna challenge you guys every hour be aware of your identity in Christ. Please do not step out of that identity and into the one you think you wanna have.

Desire God More! Love God more! Love others more through that identity!

No comments: