Thursday, July 9, 2009

Awesome event

Man last night was sweet! We will hopefully have some pictures up soon. Thank you again to Baylis' family for letting us come and use their yard and barn for a sweet time!

Last night we made some good memories, like when J.P. got hit with the water balloon in the...Well you can guess.....Or when mitch put the half of cantaloupe on his head....or when Spencer jones beat nick wells at knockout....or maybe jake baylis made the perfect marshmallow for s'mores....

Great time last night guys! I hope you all had a good time. Just another little reminder tonight we are having our High school bible study @ 7pm. And also next week we are having a cookout here at the church the other leaders will be in charge of that because I will be done with some guys rafting in West Virginia next week.

We are really excited about the things that are going on here at the youth ministry. If there are any parents that would want to join our team in helping out in any capacity please contact me @ cvmcadam@verizon.net we are looking for people to join our team and provide some assistance during big events, and other fun area's.

I hope you all have a great rest of the day! Get outside its really nice out :)

Here is your devotion for the day.

Too often in our lives we experience the hurt of discouragement and rejection.So often we feel as though nothing else could possibly go wrong, and then it does... You fight with a friend, you fail a test, you get fired from a job, you get cut from the sports team, you loose an important relationship, and your dreams and plans fall apart before your eyes.

It is so common to encounter painful times in our lives where God feels distant.It feels as though we walk the hard road alone, and no one understands the struggles we are going through.When disappointment comes, it floods our lives all at once, and defeat slowly creeps in until we feel like giving up.

Personally, I have struggled with discouragement in my life a lot lately.Every time I turn the corner I face more rejection, or someone telling me I'm not quite good enough.At least so it seems.I know people don't intend to make me feel that way, but the reality of it is, I just can't help feeling discarded and worthless.I catch myself buying into the lies that Satan desperately wants me to believe.He wants me to give up and throw in the towel. He wants me to think there is no hope for my life.Yet God's word tells me otherwise.He desires to build character within my life, and mature me, so I can be more available to do His work.

Romans 5:3-5 says,"More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. (esv.)

Even during the hardest and most disappointing times in our lives, God is creating Christ-like character within us.Suffering is a part of God's plan to make us more compassionate and loving.However, He does not make us go through the struggles alone, but walks with us every step of the way, and gives us strength to keep moving forward despite opposition. In fact, in Deuteronomy 31:8, we learn, "The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

God also tells us not to give up because His plan is far beyond our comprehension; If something doesn't work out the way we expect it to, we must recognize God's sovereignty, knowing He never shuts one door without opening another, which is far better according to His plan for each of us!

2 Corinthians 4:16-18 "So we do not lose heart. Though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed day by day. For this slight momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal."(esv.)

Be encouraged, brothers and sisters.You are not alone in your trials.In fact, Jesus himself knows rejection greater than anyone else.He wants to mend your heart and restore you, so He can use you for something incredible!! Even if you don't understand why at the time, just wait, because He knows what is best for you!


P.A.

No comments: