Monday, August 10, 2009

To Spottie!

So I am sorry everyone I haven't updated this as often as I would like so don't worry from now on I am going to be hopefully updating more often and with more regularity!

So also I am going to be turning this more into a blog with announcements for all of our students and parents. Also I want you to know what is going on in my life and what I am learning with Christ and through my experiences just in this crazy world we live in. So to begin.........

This Saturday I spent the day in Chicago with my friend Brandon and it was really fun. We got to walk around and see some fun things, we went into the Mac store and I got to look at Iphones and other Mac's I haven't made the switch yet but man the Mac store has got it going on. They helped me at every corner so I say to Mac "Well done" Also as I walked through downtown Chicago I realized I know nothing about fashion, because I thought I was sorta up on the whole fashion scene but obviously I am not! People were wearing the weirdest things ever. So I have concluded that I have no fashion sense and I am ok with that :)

So that got me thinking about Fashion and what I am wearing. We can wear the coolest new shirts and the hippest Jeans and all the newest accessories but what is all that worth in the end? This verse kept popping my head when I looked around at all the cool clothes and all the cool things people wanted like Iphones and cars, and 360's and such, listen to this verse.

2Pe 3:11 Since everything around us is going to melt away, what holy, godly lives you should be living!

Everything around us is going to be gone! Everything, except for our soul. Man that blew my mind after I started thinking straight. Everything that I have is kindling for the fire. My shoes, my PS2, my guitar, my most precious thing that I don't want anything or anyone to touch, Gone melted in a huge monster fire. Gonna melt away.

Your relationship with Jesus Christ is all that will be left, that is why starting, maintaning and working hard for our relationship with Jesus is so important.

God has some major things in store for each and everyone of us. We were created for this relationship with Christ. If you don't have that relationship yet, you aren't living the life you were created to have.

Take the step, start that relationship with Christ, or if you have one, maybe you will need to evaluate it and see how you are doing.

Stay strong my friends

P.A.

No comments: