Monday, December 5, 2011

40 days

Hey there everyone, I hope you had a great time this weekend. I know for our Northridge crowd you had a good time at the Semi-formal dance. I know I have seen tons of pictures up on facebook and it looks like everyone had some good food, and good times.

We are going to be kicking something off this coming Wednesday night. It's called 40 days of renewal. We are going to be talking about what it means to restore a relationship that might have been damaged. I have been doing some praying and some questioning in my own relationship with Christ and I honestly believe that its time for us to raise the bar, and start digging deep into scripture.

As I am writing this a song came on my computer called "dry bones" by Gungor. It is talking about Ezekiel calling those who have walked away from their first love, Christ, and is in need of an awakening. There is a line in the song that says "Jesus, you make all things new. We are crying out for you"

That is what I feel like our REFUGE is in need of right now, a realignment with Christ. I believe we have been doing some great things but I believe now is the time to start inviting students to know the bible, and not just know of the bible.

I am inviting you this Wednesday night to come and worship, and be challenged to take up a 40 day devotional reading plan that is going to rock your socks off! We have created a great tool for you to use doing this time and we hope that this Wednesday night you take us up on this challenge!

JESUS CAN MAKE ALL THINGS NEW!

P.A.

No comments: