Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Brothers and Sisters

Hey there everyone, I hope you guys are having a great and awesome day.

I want to tell you a story that happened to me this weekend while I was in Kentucky. This past week I was at a youth ministry conference called Simply Youth Ministry. It was a fantastic time and renewing, being challenged, and also getting taught a ton about youth ministry. It was fantastic.

On Friday night there were some massive storms that blew through, producing tornado's all around the city I was in, luckily we didn't get hit directly but we still felt the effects of it. A friend and I were walking to dinner that night, and it was really really windy. Windy enough to make us stop in our tracks and brace ourselves against railing that near us. We couldn't move, we couldn't do anything until that storm had past a little.

It got me thinking about how God moves in our lives, and how sometimes we get stopped in our tracks because of the Spirit of God.

My prayer for tomorrow night at REFUGE, is that God moves in such a way that we are stopped in our tracks. That for a moment we are awe struck by what God is doing in our lives and the lives of others.

So tonight I invite whoever wants to, to pray for these 3 things to happen tomorrow night at REFUGE.

1. That students and leaders would worship God with all their heart.
2. That Small Group time would be out of this world and students would be able to share their hearts openly without feeling judged.
3. That students would experience Jesus Christ in a brand new way.

I am super excited for tomorrow night and what it holds, God is going to do some great things, but we have to do our part and position ourselves in a way to hear from God, and that starts with us falling on our knees in prayer.

To God be the glory!

P.A.

No comments: