Friday, February 19, 2010

Special Friday Blog

Hey there everyone! I hope you all had an amazing thursday night I know I did, hanging out at the high school with people watching the swim team......swim. So it was a great night of yelling for people and hanging out with some students.

Anyways the reason why I am updating on Friday is that, I want to stress the importance of this purity Ceremony. For the last 3 weeks we have been discussing lots of different things about purity and relationships and I am going to be honest the last 3 weeks have been amazing. We have really talked about some cool things are students are retaining what we are talking about. Which always makes a youth pastor happy. But we want to end this series with the whole family coming out to worship and pray together.

Now I understand that some of you have been coming to these purity ceremonies for the past 2 years and you are asking yourself why do I want to come to another purity ceremony.

Because as a parent, you are telling your student that it is important for you to stay pure until you are married, and place it at a very high priority. By you allowing students to stay home because you have already gone through this before, tells them that purity is a one and done deal. Which it isn't. Just thought I should point that out. Also by you sending your student without you coming is saying I have other things more important then coming along side you and helping you in your future relationships.

Now I know that sounds a little bit harsh but let me tell you I have seen students broken these last few weeks and they are going to need their parents to help them in this journey. So I am asking once again, please come on Feb 24th, from 6:30 - 8:30 with your students. We will have desserts and coffee afterwords for people to come together and talk and hang out.

If you are planning on attending we are asking that you bring a dessert to share, we are planning on having a lot of students and parents at this. So please help us out :)

Have a great day!

P.A.

No comments: