Thursday, October 14, 2010

Prayer & Listening

"I know my sheep and they know me"

I hope that last night you got a hold of that point. When we pray its all about getting to know God, and getting to know His heart for you! The cool part about prayer is when you are telling God things, and you are opening up to Him about everything it is a way of surrendering your life to Him. Does He already know everything about you, ummm yes. But when you pray and you have a conversation with God you are finally taking time to start that relationship with Him.

Like my example last night with Jake Frost, if he would only run once or twice a month do you think he would be winning sectionals with his team? No way, its a continual working on our relationship with God. We can't expect to have awesome God moments when we are only talking to God every time we have an issue. Then if it gets resolved we don't even give God credit for anything and we go on living our lives in a way that doesn't reflect His glory.

I can't wait till next week when we talk about silence and fasting, its going to be pretty fun, and I have a great way to show you how fasting is like a battle inside your mind and body.

Hope to see you guys this coming Sunday!

P.A.

No comments: