Tuesday, September 1, 2009

God prepare our hearts

Hey there everyone! I hope you are all having a fantastic day.

Tomorrow we are kicking off our Anger series and I am really excited about where God is going to be taking us.

If you haven't watched the video I posted yesterday please watch that and think about what that might mean in your life. God has some amazing things he wants to do in your life, and a lot of it starts with are you willing to surrender and let God do some work in your own life.

With this Anger series, my prayer is that you will all come with a soft heart and just wanting to hear from God. Please be in prayer for this Wednesday I believe that God really wants to heal wounds that were caused by anger. Also some people are just angry people and we want to let you see what Anger does to other people. So tomorrow night we are going to be diving into the hurts and the pains of Anger.

Please bring a Bible and a journal tomorrow night, and for the rest of the nights in this series. We are going to hitting only 1 verse tomorrow, but next Wednesday we will be heading all over the Bible.

God has some major things in store for some of you this Wednesday. Are you willing to go deep?

Here is a Devotion for you today

"Be silent, and know that I am God!" (Pslam 46:10)

Ever find yourself saying to people: "My schedule is crazy right now"? How about: "Man, I am so tired these days from all the stuff I have to do".

I hear that all the time, in fact I've said it myself. What a shame, because that's not the way God intended life to be lived. In reality, it's Satan who tempts us to push our schedule to the brink. If he can't get us sinning, he can at least keep us busy.

It doesn't have to be that way, you know? Somewhere in between the time of your aggravating alarm in the morning and your final feelings before bed, you should take a spiritual breather.

But I don't have time! I have way too much to do already!

Are you sure? Maybe you've just piled up a heaping helping of hectic hullabaloo.

Here's a story that illustrates the point:

As Jesus and the disciples continued on their way to Jerusalem, they came to a village where a woman named Martha welcomed them into her home. Her sister, Mary, sat at the Lord's feet, listening to what he taught. But Martha was worrying over the big dinner she was preparing. She came to Jesus and said, "Lord, doesn't it seem unfair to you that my sister just sits here while I do all the work? Tell her to come and help me."

But the Lord said to her, "My dear Martha, you are so upset over all these details! There is really only one thing worth being concerned about. Mary has discovered it-and I won't take it away from her." (Luke 10:38-42)

Martha had a palm-pilot. Martha had a cell-phone. Martha defined herself by her diligent diversions. Martha was so busy 'doing' for God that she forgot where God was- in her own living room!

People in our day would look down on Mary.

"What have you been doing all day Mary?"

"Nothing."

"Oh, are you sick? Is there something wrong? Why aren't you being productive?"

Notice what Jesus said: "There is really only one thing worth being concerned about..."

I suggest that each and every day you schedule a "peace out" time where you do nothing but sit at Jesus' feet. I must warn you, though; it will come at a price. You might fall behind on the flow of "Scrubs", or even miss out on the latest half-baked serving of 'reality' T.V.

The important thing to keep in mind is that every precious second invested in your relationship with Christ can never be taken away.

What does a "peace out" time look like?

I get alone, in a quiet room or in a park. I clear my thoughts of all worries, knowing that God is in control. I listen intently to all that is going on, and I turn my eyes upon Jesus in worship, praise, adoration, and love. I remember His blessings, I confess my sins, I plead for grace, and most importantly: I am silent so I can know that He is God.

Peace out!


P.A.

No comments: