Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Hard Questions

So the past couple days I have got to hang out with a bunch of students in different formats, some in restraunts, coffee shops, their homes, and the best yet Taco Bell. I have made it a little mission of mine this Christmas break to hang out with a ton of students and just ask questions. I believe one of my jobs for this coming year is to be a instigator of questions. Just listen to students and just ask questions.

So here are some the quotes from students I have heard over the past couple days of hanging out with them.

" I am unhappy"
"I don't know who I am"
"I am so scared for my future"
"I am not sure who God really is"
"I get high every single day"
"I don't know if I am a Christian"
"I don't see any good examples of Christian marriages, so why would I want to be married?"

I don't look at these statements as ohh man we have failed these students in our youth ministry, I look at students being honest and searching for God, now the what I as a youth pastor and people reading this we get to pray like crazy for these students. I love being able to talk with these students and I can't wait for our follow up conversations soon.

So Keep praying for these students and for our youth ministry we have amazing opportunities to expand the kingdom of Heaven.

P.A.

No comments: