Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring break Devotional

Hey there everyone, I understand that a ton of you are away with friends. Hanging on a beach soaking up the sun, and having a relaxing time. I love it when students can get away and have a break from their normal routine, but there is a danger in relaxing from everything.

Spring break is a BREAK from school, not from your relationship with JESUS!

Please take some time this week and go through this devotion at some point this week.


(You will need a Bible, something to write with, paper, and a quiet place to sit)

Read - Matthew 6:33

Reflect - When you think about silent time, do you get excited or stressed or intimidated? Think about you're wired as you consider these questions.

Answer these questions -
1. How have my silent times with God in the past impacted my relationship with Him and others?
2. What is both attractive and unattractive about spending silent time communing with God?
3. What would have to change in my life to actually spend daily time in silence with the Lord?

After you are done answering those questions get your cell phone out and get a timer or an alarm and spend 10 minutes. Spend 10 minutes alone with God. Sit with your eyes closed, and your hands open on your lap. Just sit and receive from God.


Let me know if you take part in this Spring break devotion let me know what God does for ya.

Make wise decisions this week everyone! I am praying for you all.

P.A.

1 comment:

Sydney said...

Hey Crystal Valley Youth Group!, I love your blog :)