Friday, August 12, 2011

Temptations.

He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure. 1 Corinthians 10:13b (NLT)

It was total darkness outside. There were no stars and no street lights. The only light was coming from my headlights, which I had on full blast so that my squinting eyes could make out what was up ahead. Then it got worse. A rain drop here and another one there. Before I knew it the heavens opened up and my windshield wipers came on.

Driving can be hard enough at night and can become next to impossible with a downpour and wind blowing you from one side of the road to the other. Temptation can creep up on us faster than a thunderstorm, and when it unleashes, can wreck us and throw our lives off road and off course. Just like my windshield wipers and headlights are designed to help me see through the rain and darkness, the Bible is there to prepare you for what can and will happen.

As you read the stories of the Bible you will see where even the greats were tempted and tested, sometimes to the very brink of their sanity. Yet, the verse above reminds us that God is in control even when your surroundings are not. You can trust God and know that even if a hurricane of temptations swirl around you, the eye of the storm is not that far away.

P.A.

No comments: