Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Notes from tonight

Hey there everyone I'm sorry I couldn't get all the way through with the message tonight we just ran out of time so here are some more things I wanted to say about Movies tonight.

1. If we claim to be following Jesus, and the goal of of being a follower of Jesus is to get as close to Jesus as possible, then we need to have Phil 3:17 as a life verse and it says

"Dear brothers and sisters, pattern your lives after mine, and learn from those who follow our example. For I have told you often before, and I say it again with tears in my eyes, that there are many whose conduct shows they are really enemies of the cross of Christ."

I don't want for students in our youth group to be enemies of the Cross and not even know it.

Here are somethings to remember when watching movies:

1. Pray - You have to pray before you watch movies because you don't want any philosophies or language to deceive you.
2. Weigh the good and the bad - Be prepared to sort through the information that you have just watched. Put your thinking cap on when watching because you don't want to allow yourself to just take in whatever!
3. Go deeper with the Characters - Are there characters that you can relate with? Ask yourself why do I relate with that person? What would you do in their shoes?
4. Discuss it - You need to discuss movies after you watch them. Meaning, try not to watch movies that are pointless. Talk with your friends about what you just watched. Go further then just, I liked it, I didn't like it. Ask questions like, Did I see God in that movie? Did I see the salvation story in that movie?


I hope tonight we got you thinking about movies, especially when more of you could quote movie lines then actual scripture. I hope you guys learned something tonight!

Hope to see you next week.

P.A.

No comments: