Thursday, September 9, 2010

Straight up Talking!

Hey there everyone, hope you are all having a great Thursday so far. I know I am pretty tired from last night but still here at the office working away for this Sunday and all the cool things that are coming down the pipe!

It was interesting this morning when I came to church and had a couple messages on my phone from different people asking me why we are talking about such hard things at youth group. It was great because my answer was really easy, and it was "because our kids need to hear the church talk straight up about the issues these students are dealing with" And we had one person want to start attending because they need to hear those things they said.

I want everyone to realize that we aren't going to run this youth ministry like a cookie cutter youth ministry. We have insane amounts of love for each of the students that come into our ministry, and I hope and pray that every single one of them find Jesus in a personal way, but we aren't going to back down from the hard issues students are facing in the schools today. I hope and pray that us being honest about what we are seeing at Northridge, Concord, Goshen, and all the other schools isn't making people upset, but making people think about what they can do to be a light in their school (See Matthew 5:13)

So my Web challenge for those reading this is to take a stand, and be a light, an unquenchable light for Christ today at school and for your family. Follow after God's heart, and move towards Him in a new and powerful way today!

P.A.

No comments: