Monday, January 18, 2010

Martin luther King day

Hey there guys! Hope you all had an amazing weekend, I know my weekend seemed really short with all the things we had to get done, but alas it is Monday once again!

This morning I woke up and in the shower I have started listening to NPR mainly because it catches me up politics, and world events I might other wise miss because I am mostly fixated on what teens are into, but this morning they were talking about how it is Martin Luther King day, and even in 2010 there is still a lot of racial tension. That got me thinking about how back just a couple decades ago African Americans couldn't vote, got to the same schools as white students, couldn't drink out of the same water fountain, a bunch of stupid things like that. They were talking to some high school students about this and how they say its not to different today, yeah everyone is at the same school, but look around the lunch area and you will see its not that integrated still.

So my question to my Crystal Valley students, as we are talking about Unity this month and how we need to come together as one to fight against one common enemy, and also worship and follow Jesus Christ. Are you ready to be called to love anyone and everyone even if they don't look like us? I know Jesus came down from Heaven and loved all of us, so again I invite our youth group to take a stand today and say it doesn't matter what color you are Jesus Christ died for you and you are loved!

Can't wait to see you guys this Wednesday night! 6:30 - 8:30!

P.A.

No comments: