Monday, March 21, 2011

Wow....My bracket looks like trash

Hey there everyone, well after a wonderful 4 days of college basketball and countless hours of cheering, yelling, and eating. My, what I thought was an awesome, bracket looks like a horrible shrewd of wishful thoughts. I was wrong on so many levels on so many games. It was so funny last night I couldn't sleep real well and so I started praying for students and leaders and then God started bringing my brackets up again and again. So I finally just prayed God what is up with my thinking about my brackets. Then this thought occured......

You thought you were right on but you were way off. Is that how you view your spiritual life?

I was blown away, I was almost going crazy thinking about all the things I thought I was being disciplined in but wasn't at all. So last night was a conversation of repentance, and setting goals so this doesn't happen again.

So students and parents this is our final week of our 30 day fast, and my question to you is. Since we have been fast for almost 22 days now are you any closer to Christ then you were before or was is it just wishful thinking like my brackets were?

God wants to do some amazing things in your life, but are you allowing Him to do that or are you fooling yourself with things you are picking to put into your life?

Here is the final week to our fasting:
22- Fast from making fun of people
23- Fast from talking, spend as much time in silence as you can. Don't be disrespectful to your parents or teachers during this time. We will break the fast at youth group.
24 - Fast from your IPod
25 - Fast from Video games
26 - Fast from facebook
27 -Fast from busyness take a rest day
28 - Fast from your lunch table
29 - Fast from junk food, go home and help your parents with dinner
30 - Fast from food, you can break this fast at your small group outings.

No comments: