Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tuesday night means American Idol night!

So everyone I am proud to say that last night I went to my first Notre Dame basketball game. It was pretty cool, I went with my father-in-law and we had a great time! It was a close game the whole way through but Marquette won in the end. One thing I was impressed with was the student section because they had so many cheers that were complex, not just regular we are ND cheers but dancing ones, arm moving ones, guy and girl part cheers, they were intense! It was pretty cool.

So it got me thinking if God watched our life with the angels like a basketball game. Like they all get together and they are cheering us on to make right decisions and stuff and when we blow it or make a bad decision they are all booing and upset, but when we make a right decision or seek after God, they go nuts and do cool chants for us. The angels are all standing on the bleachers yelling at us and encouraging us to do better.

But the most interesting part was afterwords when we were walking out everyone was talking about how disappointed they were from losing and they were talking about specific players that they probably will never meet or talk to but they were calling them like horrible, or I cant believe that did that. But I was thinking that our God never leaves the gym of our lives. He is always right there cheering us on, wanting us to do the best we can. Our God never leaves and says I cant believe them, they are horrible, or I dont know why I come anymore! Our God just loves us and wants us to do the best we can do! Yes of course God is disappointed with us when we make a mistake but He never ever leaves us! He never walks out on us and says well we tried!

God wants us to our best, but the thing that we have to do is look up to Him and say "God what do you want me to do today for you!" That could change our whole perspective on how we live our life for God!

I hope to see you tomorrow night when we get to write out our goals! Please be praying about your goals!

P.A.

1 comment:

natehickox said...

this was encouraging. thanks brother.