Friday, February 13, 2009

What is crack-a-lackin?

I hope everything is going well for everyone today! Yesterday was a pretty insane day for me. I was pretty busy all day, and got home at night to an empty house because Esther was gone seeing her sister who was in town from New York. So as I normally do I turn on the TV and just veg rewarding myself for a hard days work and getting things done. But something didn't feel right. My mind was jumbled and I couldn't rest. There was something that I should be doing besides watching TV. I didnt understand what it was untill I recognized that I hadnt spent anytime listening to God that day. I was praying all day and talking most of the day to God but I just felt God wanting to talk to me but I couldnt hear Him with all the distractions going on around me. So I turned the TV off and I sat in an quite room and just said "Lord your servant is listening" and is was like a rush of peace rushed over me. It was almost like God saying Thank you finally I can talk in this relationship!

Guys I want to encourage you to take time this weekend and just listen to God. Listen to what He wants to say. Turn off the TV, Cell Phone, IPod, and anything else that is going to distract you! Take time to just tell God "God your servant is listening"

Hope to see you guys on Sunday!

P.A.

No comments: