Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Feed the Children

So today we got the privileged of having a Semi of food dropped off at the church and we had like 300 some off families come through and get food. Mostly people who are un-employed or who have fallen on hard times. It was great to talk with people, and hear their story. It always was really cool because we had people from another church come over and help out. It was so cool to see an Assembly of God church and a missionary church working together to help out people in need.

I love seeing Christians come together with a common goal! Wouldn't it be amazing if all churches came together like this to promote the love of Christ. I loved seeing people smiling and helping other people while they smile. We got to help so many good families that have just had some bad breaks. It was so cool to see a huge semi pull up with it packed with food, and knowing that all this food will be gone and given to families in need.

I am tired and my feet hurt and I have so much to do before tomorrows youth group, but I got spend time loving on people who might not have gotten loved on. I got to spend like an hour talking about his kids who are having a rough time, and I got to pray with the lady from mancinos because she was struggling with stuff. We got to be a light today, and I hope and pray that our youth group can start doing these same things at school, and at home. Be in prayer for people in this area because things are hard for some people, and if you have a job and your parents have job be very thankful.

Hope to see you all tomorrow as we get to talk about media and the internet. I think its going to be a really fun topic to discuss.

P.A.

No comments: