Saturday, March 7, 2009

Some thoughts as I read.....

So I have been at lances house tonight with Esther helping a brother out so he can go out and be with some family. So I am sitting here reading from a book I read in college called "conformed in His image" its a pretty dry read but has some really cool things in there that kind of sparked my interest.

I was reading that they have seen the most growth in people when they are around like minded people. They go on to say that you are able to have good conversation leading to change in each other lives, and they say you feel respected while also feeling a renewal and passionate about things.

Wouldn't it be amazing to see a youth group come together and love on one another and love hanging out and to challenge each other to live better lives by the way they were living their own.
Wouldn't it be amazing for a church to come together and just worship God, and hear from God. I think sometimes we come together on Sunday and we are so happy to see people we haven't seen in a week, and we kind of think that the service gets in the way of a social hour. I had breakfast this morning with some awesome people, and it was so fun to hang out with them a couple days out of the week not just Sunday. Now tomorrow when I see those people we are there as co-worshipers, not ohh man long time no see how are things going. We already know whats going on, we can stick to man how can I pray for you. Lets listen and get something out of today's message instead of during the sermon make lunch plans.

I think being the church is so much better then doing church!

I would love that for our youth group too! Man lets hang out outside of Wednesday night so when we come on a Wednesday night we can worship together, learn from God together, and get energized for the fight we are enduring!

Just some thoughts as I sit and read.

P.A.

No comments: