Friday, March 6, 2009

Thoughts on a Amazing Friday!

Hey there everyone! I am so pumped for this weather! This is awesome. Anyways....

Today I have been getting a chance to talk with a bunch of people and plan for lots of things and its awesome, but there is a resounding tone in everyone's voice. Depressed. Everyone I talk to is like depressed because everyone is down about the economy and losing jobs. I was at the bowling alley last night and even though people were having a good time there was an under tone of sadness because many people there have been laid off for many months. They use bowling as an out for their sadness. I talked a couple people there that don't have any hope.

I feel for these people because they are so sad and out, but I know that even through the hardest times in our lives we can fall back on God and that is so amazing. Now I know that sounds like the stupidest and the worst thing to say to people that are losing their jobs, but I also know that sometimes when things seem their worst. That is when God shows up. Look at David's life, when things seemed to be so down and people were coming to kill him, God showed up in a mighty way. When He should have been weeping and mourning, He praised God, and people thought he was insane. I think that in these times we need to rise up and praise God even for the little things. We need to come together as a true Christian community and hold each other up.

During these hard times we need to come together and pray for God to show up in mighty ways. Why not instead of going out to the movies one night we invite our friends over and we hang out and play games, and we end the night in prayer. Just asking God to move in our lives. I believe that the crystal valley youth group can do this. I believe that we can start setting the culture in middlebury, and in the surrounding towns. That we can say even thought everything around us seems horrible, and people might be in a depression. I do not care. I will praise my God, I will love my God, and I will give Him my all.

I hope to see you guys this Sunday, We are going to be talking about Jesus life some more and learning more and more about the man we serve!

P.A.

No comments: